Monday, June 13, 2011

Attack phase -day 6

So it's my day 6 of dukan's attack phase. For some reason, I was thinking today is day 5, but from looking at my notes I realized that I'm wrong, don't know how it happened, can't say that it was so easy that I didn't notice how days passed by. Anyway, here is my weight stats:
on June 8 I started with 167.5 lbs (almost 76 kg-ouch!)
next day I had significant drop -3,5 lbs.  You can imagine how excited I was.
 Then it became rocky: June 10-165 lbs, June 11-166, June 12 -164,  and today I'm 163.5!
So far, I lost 4lbs or 1.8kg. To be honest, I was expecting better results, since my starting weight is so high.  But at this point I'll take whatever I can get. According to Dukan website after 7 days on attack phase I should lose 5.7 lbs. My mini-goal was 160 by this Friday, June 17. I don't see this happening, I should make more realistic goals, and be more patient.


For breakfast I had grilled chicken and coffee with 1% milk.
Snack: lowfat Weight Watchers string cheese (I'm not supposed to have it, so next time whenI complain that I didn't lose weight, please remind about this cheese)
Lunch: my lunch was small today since I will probably eat more at dinner (going to my mom's house today): tuna tataki and 2 pieces of salmon sashimi, 2 packets of soy sauce.
Snack: fat free yogurt
Dinner: lamb, liver pate, cold cuts, 2 spoons of dessert made of fresh strawberries (no sugar) and then to satisfy my sweeth tooth I mixed 2 table spoons of oat bran with 1/2 spoon of honey.  And it felt like heaven's food! 
Even though I ate stuff that I wasn't supposed to, I feel good and don't feel like I fell of the wagon.  I didn't go overboard and had small portions.
Water: 2 litres
Walking: 30 minutes of walking during lunch

5 comments:

  1. Masha, remember that you really do not need to count calories here...you just need to eat the right things!
    The salt intake (soya sauce etc.) leads to water retention and 500ml of water weighs 1 lb or 0.454g.
    Have you visited the site http://www.mydukandiet.com/recipes/ ?
    You will find loits of recipes including those to sayisfy your sweet tooth. The safest is Hartley's sugar free jelly (I also love diet ginger ale or diet coke!- beware those with lemon etc- citric acid...it is a 'diet stopper!'
    Honestly, be careful that you are not setting yourself up for a weight stagnation (I speak from experience).
    Dedicate 2-3 hrs per week and prepare a bulk of 'fall on' foods and stick to the rules...NO HONEY (use splenda.
    Good luck!
    Abi (Mydukanweightlossjourney)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi, thanks for your comments!
    I look at the recipes at this site once in while.
    at what point did you hit stagnation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hit stagnation when I panicked at reaching 13 stone five pounds. I had been overweight for so many years that once before when I hit 14 strong and one pound (on a diet that uses industrially produced nutrition rather than relying on natural food) I panicked and kept sabotaging myself until I started to gain weight about eight months later. This time I sort of went into consolidation mode, cheating by eating celebration meals once or twice a week and stabbing lies my weight around 14 stone. After Christmas day though, on Boxing Day, I went into a week long binge of many cream cakes, chocolate etc. I gained ten pounds in weight and have more or less remained at the same weight since then. It didn't help that I stopped exercising.
    I blame the weather. Somehow the other right now I feel this is the time for me. I am ready and committed to reaching my goal weight. For Me the Time Is Now.
    Last year I started on 26 July. This year I am a month and a half ahead and I have the benefit of experience.
    I lost three stone last year….From 16 stone and some to 13 stone five pounds. This year I intend to do it again.
    As of today I am two hundred and one pounds (14 stone and five pounds.) I want to lose three stone exactly to get me to a goal weight of 11 stone and five pounds.
    Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a dictation software sometimes and don't often get around to editing. Please excuse the typos.
    '14 strong and one pound'should be 14 stone and one pound.
    'Stabbing lies' above should be Stabilizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you gained 10 pounds in one week?!
    how long it took you to lose 3 stone?
    I would be very happy woman if I lost 3 stone:)

    ReplyDelete